Thursday, July 26, 2012

MY HIDDEN CHAPTER

Recently, my friends in poly decided to go for a shopping spree at Bangkok. And somehow, my Dad suggested me to go and find my Mum since she’s there too, why not? I told my friends that my Mum might be able to help with the accommodations- and so I am left with the task.


FEAR?!
Leaving the task aside, in my heart, I was kind of excited because I may have the chance to be able to see her after so many years. Honestly, I really do miss her. Despite her leaving me since my primary school days, I could still vividly remember she facial features. Of course, I can still remember her disciplining me when I am naughty, guiding me by my homework every night, attending my meet-the-parents session, cooking food for me when I am hungry and many, many more things. I can also remember how I used to hate her salted vegetable soup; even up till now, I still have the fear of drinking it although it’s not her cooking. Those were really the days that I felt so much love, where I really think I am being cared for- having someone to keep telling you to do this and that is actually not that bad huh?

As a son, I really do hate her a little here and there for leaving me to face this world alone. “Fighting those battles” which I shouldn’t be facing right then and shouldering responsibilities shouldn’t be bore by me. Come to think of it, how did I even pull through these few years?! Anyways, I hated all those adults then, always thinking their action for us “is the best” and hence just do it without asking us; hence I always challenge them. From then on, my relationship with my Dad hasn’t been smooth- we always quarrel because of differing point of view. But who is to say “I got the correct solution to life?” I am doing it probably because I want the best for him too. Another hidden reason might be because I am afraid I will lose myself if I lose him. I have to admit, my dad might not be the best father, but I know he went through many thoughts too before making his choices too. But I really ought to thank my teacher for changing my perception to where I am now- working as hard as possible for myself too.

STRONG?!
I also did ask myself what I am working hard for last time. I still remember I was so happy to have passed my PSLE and am going to secondary school into express stream- but I couldn’t have anyone to share my joy with. My Dad was too busy with work, my siblings were too young, and my Mum is not there. Even for now, I clinched the Academics Award for my diploma, but none is coming to the ceremony. Sometimes, this is how lonely I feel. But I also thank God for all the good friends that He have surrounded me with- we fought together, study together, stand united together and also spent quality time with one another. If without for my school friends, I might probably also not be me too. They did helped shaped who I am, how I behave and how I would react. But, I was again left alone because of some issues during my secondary school. I apologized, but it didn’t worked out- so I slowly disappeared for the clique. But I don’t think I will forget the bookmark made by JiaMin- together forever never apart, maybe in distance by never at heart.

OUR FRIENDSHIP BANDS.
GEnRe's!
Ever since my parent divorced, I got a lot more independent and am more discipline to do things automatically. I have also picked up many things along the way, which includes cooking, washing clothes, taking care of my siblings and many more. That’s because I don’t want my siblings to feel the full extent of what I went through, although I know I didn’t do it very well…I might not express it, but they really mean a lot to me! It’s really ironic right- how I care for them so much but unwilling to express it.


Anyways, thanks to this trip, I kind of reflected on my life again. Although I still cannot get over some of the facts, life still goes on right? Not going to expect much difference, but I hope I get to see my Mum and catch with her a little. I am very sure I will still miss her once in a while, pray for her and holding back my tears when she calls- but it will not change the fact that I am your son and you are my mum, right? I hope you are doing fine…

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
  
Bon Voyage for this BKK trip! J
                

No comments:

Post a Comment