Thursday, September 06, 2012

LOVE

I was reading through some stories online and I happen to chance upon this story which talks about love.

It goes something like this...

There was a blind girl who hated herself a lot because she was blind. She hared everyone too because no one understands her, except for her loving fiance as he is always there for her.

One day she told her fiance "If only I could see the world, I will definitely marry you."

And so, week later, someone donated her a pair of cornea so she could see the world again, including her fiance. Now that she was able to see, her fiance asked her "Now that you can see, will you marry me?" And girl was shock to find out that her fiance that she promised to marry is actually blind and refuse to marry him. And she left.

The fiance was really sad and wrote the girl a letter "Please take care of my eyes dear..."


And that's the end of the story. The moral of the story tell us to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. 

Everyone is imperfect. But just as what the moral of the story tells us, we have to learn to love by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. It is definitely not easy to love those people whom you really hate but wouldn't it make less complicating to not dislike anyone and just take a step back and tolerate one another?

It so happens that my secondary classmates is planning some gather this week. And I didn't want to go because I knew there will be someone unhappy- since we argued. And in to times like this, I wondered if we didn't argue at all, will I want to attend this gathering? I am not sure how it went but one thing for sure is that I do not wish to feel that awkwardness. It's not like I can do anything about it and so the least I could do is to not attend.

I promised myself that I will do bit of reflecting during this short break and spent a little more time on myself. So glad I was able to keep up to my words.

"A journey of a thousand miles being with one step.
Take off all your envies, jealousy, forgiveness, self-fishness and fear
And you will find that things are actually not as difficult as it may seem."

Till then..



No comments:

Post a Comment