Monday, December 24, 2012

REAL RELATIONSHIP

My first week of holidays was like riding on the waves- everything just happened so fast that I didn't keep track of time. The only thing that I hated was probably the fact that time flies when you are having fun. Only one more week of holidays left and then back to the crazy 6 weeks of school and 1 week of exams and then holidays again! Yes, I am already looking forward to the next holiday when this short break haven't even ended. Haha, what's new right?

First up, I will be talking about BONDFEST2012. It is not a big hit, but we did meet our objective of the carnival- which is to bond the community. It heart-warming to see parents and children playing the games together and communicating in their very own ways to complete the task, something priceless. I have to admit, I didn't do a lot of things this time round. So, I am going thank Ruth Lim, Yan Wei & Becky for helping me do what I was suppose to do- painting posters, drawing posters and props preparation. I cannot appreciate them more. I also want to thank my friends who came down to help mend the stalls despite how early the meeting time is and how far you all stayed. Yes, I am referring to all my juniors who made it a point to come!


Of course, a special thanks to this brother of mine, Terence. I'm not quite sure if this event really did bring him the experience that he was looking for because it wasn't a large scale event. However, thanks for taking the extra effort to help out in cutting and trying to draw the poster. Another special thanks to Maryanne! Because she was the only person that "don't know" anyone. Other than that, I called her to help out last minute. I don't know if she pushed her plans or not, but I was glad she came to help.



I hope everyone had a good time.

Next up, is YOUTHCAMP2012. Honestly, if anyone were to ask me if this camp, I would say this camp is planned to be unplanned by God. Because most of the leaders were all down, like that how to plan? But, the miraculous thing is that, we still had the encounter we wanted and I believe everyone brought something back home. I also got to learnt more about my own cell group members. Guess I still have a lot to work on..nonetheless, I shall let the photos do the talking!

CAPTAIN BALL, GYM EDITION.
JUST LOOK AT HOW BIG THE BALL IS!!

MY MOTHER~
MY MOTHER'S SISTER AUNTIE DIANE?
HIDE AND SEEK LEVEL: DEADLY
YANLING & RUTH~
WORSHIP~
LOVE THIS PHOTO OF PASTOR.
HA-RU-GEN!

<3
OPPA! :)
3D2N might be short, but enough.
#PeopleEdwardLove #TDY <3

Lastly, I will talking about THOSEWERETHEDAYS2012 performance at Woodlands NLB. This is the last task for my role in the committee of GEnRe! I am so happy that I can finally rest and pass down. It really brought lots of memories by just thinking of what I have done in GEnRe- meeting new friends, learning new songs, conquering stage-fright, administrative work, arguing to planning. I want to thank my current committee for being there to support me as acting president. Although it was just for a short while, I'm contented to be able to lead. I am sure not everyone approve of my leadership style and how I get things done, so I guess a sorry is still needed before I step down. I hope the next batch of committee will do a better job than us.

Anyways, this performance wasn't really well planned because of many reasons. But, I am still glad it went smoothly although there were minor hiccups here and there. I hope this performance gave my juniors the exposure they needed to face their next challenge- the 343 sitting theater in TRCC. Anyways, good job guys! You all made me proud to be apart of GEnRe.


BLUE TANGO SMALL GROUP!
MEMORABLE ALBUM SMALL GROUP!
LONG LONG AGO SMALL GROUP!
ALWAYS WITH ME SMALL GROUP!
MY MEI(s)

ALUMNI JOEL, ISA & SYAFIQ!
LYNNETTE! <3
MY DEAR ERWIN!
SUMS IT ALL UP! <3
To "celebrate", I spend my whole of Saturday with GEnRe.
We went for bowling and the dinner.
Thanks for adding salt and pepper into my life.

To end of, I realized the need to build real relationships.
Key word: REAL RELATIONSHIP.
Relationship is really important.
A good relationship take time and cultivation from different parties.
When relationship is healthy, there is very little chance to divide or discredit.
Big bloopers will soon be forgiven, little hiccups will soon be forgotten.
We will also enjoy deeper commitment to one another.
Standing together through thick and thin, success or failure, for good or for worse.

Having said this much, I think I also need to be more transparent.
Yes, being more open might mean myself getting hurt, disappointed and all sorts of negative stuffs.
But at the end of the day, I believe it's a give and take.

You will never know, if you never tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment